Scope of use
- Casting foundations for industrial equipment and heavy machinery
- Column, slab, beam and footing or enlargement
- Concrete repair in large areas
- Form and pump applications
- Void filling applications
- Pile head repair
Compressive strength at 22°C ± 1 (BS 1881-part 116)
Flexural strength at 22°C ± 1 (BS 1881 P118)
0 to 5 mm
> 12 (9 in KSA) N/mm² at 28 days
Very Low to Low
BS 1881: Part 116:1983
BS 1881: Part 118
BS 1881: Part 122:1983
ASTM C 1202-05
78 kg kit + 6 liters of water give a volume of 38 liters approximately.
39 kg Kit + 3 liters of water give a volume of 19.5 liters approximately.
12 months after manufacturing date in original and non-open packaging, under cover, in dry condition, away from humidity, protected from extreme temperatures and direct sunlight.
Printable TDS (PDF)
Printable MSDS (PDF)
Instructions for use
The flowable micro-concrete is obtained by mixing a 25kg bag of weber.tec MC1 with 2.375 to 2.625 (2.5 in KSA) liters of clean water. The amount of water used depends on the workability required.
Add the powder to the water and mix for 3 minutes.
To ensure a homogeneous and uniform mix, an electric mixer must be used.
Do not mix with other hydraulic binders.
The use of additives is prohibited.
weber.tec MC1 may be applied on sound concrete, masonry, rock or similar materials.
Remove damaged concrete and laitance by chipping with a pick or cold-chiseling to get a rough surface.
The surface must also be free from any trace of grease or oil.
Saturate the surface with water by copiously spraying just before application, and if possible, 6 hours before application as well.
weber.tec MC1 should be poured in a single continuous operation and slowly to prevent entrapment of air. The product should be placed within 30 minutes shortly after mixing.
weber.tec MC1 can be used for thickness up to 20 cm although greater thicknesses may be achievable depending on the repair geometry.
Ideal application temperature is between +5 ºC and 35 ºC.
Form and pump application:
• Formwork must accommodate the mass and pressure of the repair material. Design of the forms should follow standard practice for cast-in-place concrete construction with a minimum pressure of 14 psi (100 kPa).
• Vertical surface repair start at the lowest point, filling in a manner that prevents air entrapment. The sequence is continued until the cavity is filled.
• Overhead placements are accomplished by starting at an extremity of the surface and proceeding in a fashion similar to vertical placements.
• Repairs involving soffit and vertical faces of members can be combined into one placement. In this case, placement begins at the lowest elevation. After placing weber.tec MC1, cure the exposed surface by one the following methods:
• Apply cold clean water 3 times a day during 3 days
• Apply a curing compound like weber.ad cure Y 20 or weber.ad cure WT.
Environmental and Safety
The product contains cement powders which, when mixed with water, release alkalis that could be harmful to the skin. It is preferable that the application be done in a ventilated area, and to wear protective gear for hands, eyes and respiratory system and to avoid breathing of the dust. Splashes on the skin should be washed away by cleaning with soap and water. In case of contact with eyes, wash thoroughly with clean water. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting, in both cases seek medical attention. The product is non-flammable.
While the company guarantees its products against defective materials, the use and application of these products are made without guarantee since the conditions of their application are beyond its control. It is recommended to verify with the company that the product is suitable for the intended use, and that this Data Sheet version is the latest one. The company may modify it without prior notice. Technical characteristics are listed for guidance only. For more information, please contact the company’s office in your location.
The information included on this Technical Data Sheet is the sole property of SODAMCO Holding. The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either whole or partial) of this data sheet or any information it contains, is prohibited and subject to legal pursuit.
Other products in the Sodamco-Weber range
Non metallic non shrink fiber reinforced repair
Non shrink thixotropic repair mortar with fiber
Non shrink high strength thixotropic repair mortar
Non shrink thixotropic fine repair mortar with fiber
High early strength and fast setting filling mortar with fiber
Non-shrink two-component cementitious mortar for repair
Non shrink repair mortar
Pre-mixed cementitious paste for fair face repair
Green pre-mixed cementitious paste
for fair face repair
Pre-mixed cementitious paste for fair face precast repair
Two-component cement based corrosion protection and bonding agent
Heavy duty anti-corrosive zinc-rich primer
Ready-to-use multipurpose cementitious mix
Rapid hardening high alumina cement
Fair face concrete putty
Epoxy resurfacing & lining mortar
Epoxy repair mortar
Two-component epoxy bonding paste & fairing coat
Epoxy floor resurfacing compound
Epoxy mortar for manhole lining
Very low viscosity epoxy injection resin
Standard epoxy injection resin